Sweet Recipes: Chocolate Truffles
Who can resist divine chocolate truffles! These rich and decadent delights are an all time favourite for chocolate addicts!! This recipe makes heaps, but you can easily half the quantities. Double the pleasure with a glass ot two of a sweet wine wine such as Griffith Frontignac. See our suggested wine matches
- 500g dark chocolate
- 200ml cream
- 10g butter
- 30ml Kahlua (or any other alcohol you like)
- 100g cocoa (or toasted coconut or finely chopped nuts)
- Heat chocolate, cream and butter.
- When melted add Kahlua and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate until firm. (This takes several hours).
- Roll into small balls and roll in cocoa (or toasted coconut or finely chopped nuts).
Our Favourite Wine Match:
Griffith Frontignac goes beautifully with this sweet treat, with its perfumey floral aromas, followed by clean sweet flavours and a hint of apple on the palate. This wine and truffle combination would also make a beautiful gift, or perhaps you may like one of these other Sweet Whie Wines.