Chicken and Corn Soup
Chicken and Corn Soup Recipe
Meat Recipes: Chicken and Corn Soup Recipe
A real family favourite... Make a heartier soup by adding rice noodles. Enjoy with a delicious glass of Sauvignon Blanc such as the fruity and dry Margaret River 2009 Sauvignon Blanc, or see our suggested wine list.
1.5 litres (6 cups) chicken stock
310g can creamed corn
2/3 cup (130g) corn kenrnels, drained
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon sesame oil
8 spring onions, finely sliced
1/4 cup cornflour
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons water, extra
1 cup (170g) shredded cooked chicken
2 slices (80g) lean ham, finely sliced
You do this:
- Combine stock, creamed corn, corn kernels, ginger, oil and spring onionin a large saucepan; bring to the boil.
- Blend cornflour and water in a small jug; add to saucepan.
- Cook, stirring until mixture comes back to the boil and thickens. Reduce heat.
- Combine egg and extra water in small jug and whisk lightly. Add to soup in thin stream, stirring.
- Stir in chicken and ham, cook, uncovered, until heated through.
- Make a heartier soup by adding thin rice or egg noodles, broken into small pieces. Prepare as per packet instructions, and add to soup at same time as adding chicken.
Our Favourite Wine Match:
With this warming tasty soup, we liked Margaret River 2009 Sauvignon Blanc with its pleasing floral and tropical fruit aromas, an excellent balance of ripe fruit flavours and a crisp off-dry finish. Or you may wish to choose one of our other Sauvignon Blanc Wines
There are no products matching the selection.
This is a static CMS block displayed if category is empty. You can put your own content here.