Scallops with Gin
Seafood Recipes: Scallops with Gin Recipe
Seared scallops are quick and easy to make, and add an understated elegance to any meal, especially when they're cooked in this gin and cream sauce.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tbsp oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb. scallops
- 1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 3/4 cup gin (try Bombay Sapphire)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley.
- Wash and drain the scallops.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan (medium).
- Spread the flour on a dish. Add the scallops to the dish and toss to lightly coat.
- Shake off the excess flour and add scallops to the hot butter.
- Cook, turning, until just lightly browned, up to 2 minutes.
- Pour off a little of the butter. Pour in the gin, cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer 2 minutes for small scallops or 3-4 minutes for larger scallops.
- Spoon the scallops and cream sauce into warm scallop shells or other serving plate.
- Sprinkle lightly with parsley and tarragon. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
A blend of Riesling & Chardonnay fruit, gives the wine good flavour on the sweetish mid-palate & it dries towards a firm finish.
There are no products matching the selection.
This is a static CMS block displayed if category is empty. You can put your own content here.