Sweet Potato Coconut Soup
Vegetable Recipes: Sweet Potato Coconut Soup Recipe
A great winter-warmer soup with ahint of spiciness. Delicious with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc...
- 2 cups white sweet potato, peeled and cut into 15mm cubes
- 1 small tin baby corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 15mm cubes
- 1/3 cup jasmine rice, washed
- ½ cup bamboo shoots, drained and rinsed
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups (500ml) thick coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Red Curry Paste
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 1 stem of lemon grass (use soft white inner portion, lower 10cm)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (use thai basil if available)
- Put all of the ingredients except for the basil into a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Tear the basil into small pieces and sprinkle into the soup.
- Stir and serve immediately.
- Make this into a hearty main meal by adding diced chicken or pork in Step 1, or prawns after 15-20 minutes cooking time.
This Recipe Goes Well With - Margaret River 2007 Sauvignon Blanc
A luscious Sauvignon Blanc with floral and tropical fruit aromas, an excellent balance of ripe fruit flavours and a crisp off-dry finish.