Avocado Salmon Burgers
Avocado Salmon Burgers Recipe
Seafood Recipes: Spring Avocado Salmon Burgers Recipe
Salmon and Avocado are great companions on the plate and the palate! These delicious burgers are perfect for a spring lunch or picnic. This recipe is for 4 serves, and enjoyed with a glass ot two of Barossa Valley 2009 Riesling, zesty and crisp with the flavours of lime. Or maybe you would like to try another Riesling.
Salmon Burger Ingredients:
- 200g tinned salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 cups wholemeal bread crumbs
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of cumin
- ¼ of a cup onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 spelt or wholegrain bread rolls
- Rocket or lettuce to serve
Avocado and Yoghurt Dip Ingredients:
- 1 avocado, pip removed and mashed
- 100 grams of Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ a lemon squeezed
- 1 tbsp of coriander, chopped finely
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the salmon ingredients apart from ¼ of the cup of bread crumbs. Use this to coat the patties with olive oil for frying.
- Make four patties out of the salmon ingredients and cover them with the remaining bread crumbs.
- In a hot frying pan, add olive oil and cook the patties for 3 minutes each side over a medium heat.
- Cut the bread rolls in half and toast to golden brown.
- Combine all the avocado and yoghurt ingredients in a mixing bowl. It's ok if this is a little chunky.
- Now, place the rolls on a plate. On one side of the roll, generously smear with avocados and yoghurt dip.
- Add a little lettuce or rocket and then place the patties in the roll. Serve and enjoy!
We chose Barossa Valley 2009 Riesling, full of ripe, zesty fruit aromas, to enjoy with this dish. You may also like our award winning High Country 2008 Riesling, or another of our many delicious White Wines
There are no products matching the selection.
This is a static CMS block displayed if category is empty. You can put your own content here.