Roast Chicken Pasta Toss
Chicken Recipes: Roast Chicken and Pasta Toss Recipe
With a cooked rotisserie chicken, this meal is a snap to put together. Most of the work can done be ahead of time.
- 6 cups (1.5 litres) cooked butterfly pasta
- 450 - 900g cooked chicken, shredded
- 1½ cups (375mL) feta cheese
- 1 tsp (5mL) red chili flakes
- small handful of fresh basil, torn into pieces
- ½ cup (125 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- ¾ cup (175 g) pancetta or ham
- ½ cup seasonal vegetables, sliced or chopped into small pieces (zucchini, peas, capsicum, etc.)
- salt, pepper and parmesan cheese to taste
- Cook the pasta, rinse in cold water, drain, place in large bowl and toss with 1 tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil.
- Dice the feta cheese and the tomatoes.
- Cut up the pancetta or ham into ¼-inch pieces.
- Shred the chicken.
- Wash and tear the basil.
- Heat a large frypan over medium heat and pour in the olive oil.
- Add the chili flakes, pasta and chicken. Heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients. Toss in a large bowl and serve, with shredded parmesan cheese if you like.
This Wine Goes Well With - BBQ White
Very pale straw in colour, this 2005 Riesling has lovely varietal kiwi fruit and citrus aromas, and a light dry palate. A fresh easy-drinking wine with a refreshing zingy finish. 100% grown, made and bottled by a small family winery in the Mornington Peninsula.
There are no products matching the selection.
This is a static CMS block displayed if category is empty. You can put your own content here.