Broccoli and Sesame Salad
Broccoli and Sesame Salad Recipe
Vegetable Recipes - Broccoli and Sesame Salad Recipe
The best broccoli for this salad will be very green and fresh, with compact heads. Serves 4. This dish is complimented by a bright and crisp dry white wine such as Barossa Valley 2009 Chardonnay or See our suggested wine matches.
- 500 g broccoli
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- few drops of sesame oil
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce (or oyster sauce, etc.)
- ground black pepper
- Separate broccoli into flowerets and rinse.
- Steam until just cooked (about 2 minutes) then rinse in cold water to prevent overcooking
- Over medium heat, toast sesame seeds lightly in frying pan and remove
- In a salad bowl, combine sesame oil, olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce and pepper.
- Toss broccoli and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
We picked our elegant and fruity Barossa Valley 2009 Chardonnay. Brilliant light straw-gold in colour, this wine has aromas of stone fruit, ripe melons with some nutty and toasty characters and a long soft finish. Or choose from this tempting range of dry whites
There are no products matching the selection.
This is a static CMS block displayed if category is empty. You can put your own content here.